After a long winter and a rainy spring, your backyard living space may not be ready to host guests just yet. Don't worry! Get ready for a summer of successful outdoor entertaining by following these tips.
- Get a lush lawn. Depending on the current condition of your lawn, this may mean a simple application of fertilizer or over-seeding to fill in bare spots. Spring’s cooler temperatures and ample moisture can give an over-seeded lawn a good head start on growth.
- Create mood lighting. Nothing is quite as magical on a summer evening as a backyard lit by fairy lights. Many outdoor lighting ideas don’t require hard-wiring – consider outdoor string lights wound around tree trunks or wrapped around a pergola, decorative lanterns with LED candles, or battery-powered LED garden torches.
- Plan a place to land. Fun outdoor seating instantly transforms any patio or deck into an outdoor oasis. Keep your guests relaxing with alternative seating like hammocks, zero-gravity chairs and swings strategically placed in your backyard.
- Create a drive-in for outdoor movies. Remember watching movies at the drive-in theater? Bring back memories when you host your own backyard movie night! Rent or borrow a video projector, hook it up to a good sound system, turn a white bedsheet into a screen and you’re open for business.
- Stock up on backyard summer games. You can’t go wrong with yard games like bocce, can jam and horseshoes. If you want to take backyard games to a whole new level, try large-scale versions of classics like Twister, Jenga, Connect 4, chess, checkers, beer pong and more. If you don’t want to invest in your own life-size game, check with your local party rental company to see if they offer giant game rentals.
Get More Backyard Storage Space
Where to store all your outdoor accessories when not in use? Get a storage building constructed of quality products from LP® Outdoor Building Solutions® to make your structure a cut above the rest. Find out where to buy sheds featuring LP products.